My game was called Emotion Story. My partner was Sara. I found this game on the website http://www.kidactivities.net/post/improv-games-and-e
We found the game emotion reflection and then we tweaked it to our liking. In the original game we found on the website we really liked the idea of talking in gibberish and just showing an emotion the whole time.
We found the game emotion reflection and then we tweaked it to our liking. In the original game we found on the website we really liked the idea of talking in gibberish and just showing an emotion the whole time.
Out of 35 points my partner and I got 30 points.
The game worked pretty well in my opinion. The only problem was that the class really started doing well towards the end of our 2O minutes. The reason I say this is because, the class only started making very DIFFERENT problems later on, before they would just make similar problems one after another. But otherwise, everyone stayed in character and kept there emotion throughout the game. This made the game interesting and funny. The class also learnt the game quickly and how to play properly, even though this game was quite difficult. The class also thought of quite diverse, different, and unique emotions that made the story and fun for the audience and the people performing.
The biggest problem in the beginning was that the class would take a long time establishing the setting and the characters traits. But all the actors had to do was show their emotion and the problem. But, the class only got that later. The class also made similar problems, one after the other. But, the actors have to make completely DIFFERENT problems that only need to relate a little bit. But, these challenges were overcame towards the end of class as I would help give them suggestions on the different problems and then they just started making different interesting problems by themselves.
I wish that my partner and I were better role models. This means that the we demonstrate the game well and are experts in how to play. I think that I was an expert in this game and that's why I was always helping my classmates out when they needed better problem suggestions. I also would always say, "solve the problem" and once they did that I would say, "make a new, but totally different problem". I would keep on saying this so that the actors are reminded to keep the scene moving so that their performance is more interesting. I think that with all my expertise in this game, we still didn't do that great of a demonstration for the game. I think that our demonstration was too short and that's why the problems didn't vary that much, so that's probably what first confused my classmate at first. But later on when teaching and when people were performing I gave good demonstrations on possible problems and situations.
Overall, I think that Sara and I did a good job teaching the class our game. I'm proud of our efforts and what we accomplished!
Here's a video of use teaching the class...

No comments:
Post a Comment