Pages

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Google Science Fair- August 16th

In science class our homework was to watch videos on the finalists in the Google Science Fair. After watching all the videos and seeing how many great invention kids have made I picked out one invention that I thought was the most useful and important invention, and then I voted for it on the Google Science Fair website.



I voted for the contestant Shrishti Asthana who is only 15 years old. Shrishti came up with a GREEN method to clean detergent water from industrial and domestic sources. The method that Shrishti came up with is the use of Nano ZnO assisted photo catalytic degradation using solar light. Not only does this method create clean water it also has a fast reaction time, a short treatment time, less cost, less exposure for workers, and non-toxic end products. What these things mean is that, using this method Shrishti will be able to clean water very fast and efficiently. This method to clean water will also not cost as much as other ways that peple clean water now days. This method will also make the workers life easier as they will not have lots of exposure. This method will create non-toxic end products which will be better for the earth. When Shrishti grows older she plans on commercializing this method after comparing it with GREEN methods, and then she will lower the costs so that even the weaker society can have clean water and benefit from her results. 

I think that Shrishti came up with a very amazing method, and she is a good person to be lowering her costs so that people in the weaker society can have clean and safe water to drink, bathe in, and clean things with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment