Pages

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Making Plastic Milk

 
For extra credit I decided to do an experiment where I got to make plastic milk. This experiment was interesting, and I thikn you'll like it...

For this experiment I needed:
- One cup of milk
- 4 teaspoons of white vinegar
- A bowl
- A strainer
- Adult help


First I gathered all my materials, and put them on the table. Then I poured exactly one cup of milk into the measuring cup.














Then I poured the milk into a bowl, and my mom boiled the milk for about 3-5 minutes. It is very important that the milk is hot, but not boiling.















After it was done boiling, I added four teaspoons of vinegar to the milk.



 Then I stired the mixture slowly, for about 3-5 minutes. I had to make sure it was done perfectly.
 This is how it looked when I was done stirring the milk.
















Then after I finished stirring the milk, it was time for me to pour the mixture into the strainer.
















After, all the extra liquid went through the strainer, I was left with the mass of lumpy blobs.
















 Then I poured the mass of the lumpy blobs into a bowl.

















Then the fun part came... I was supposed to mold the mass of the lumpy blobs it into shape, and within a few days would harden!


2 comments:

  1. Did it work? Did it end up getting hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worked, after a couple of days it became hard.

      Delete