Pages

Friday, 28 September 2012

A Bursting Surprise



On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I went on my first ever school trip, called CWW. This year in CWW we got to go to Sedili Besar, Malaysia. We did many fun activities and learned many things, but one moment out of them all stood out in my trip. This moment was not exactly fun... it was shocking.

During this experience I was with my friend Zi Tong, we were in our three person cabin, a small cozy place. Zi Tong had just finished having a shower, and now it was my turn. I tried turning the faucet on, but it wouldn't work. I kept on trying and trying, till I gave up. Why won't it work?!? I was super frustrated with this thing. So I put on my clothes, went out of the bath room, and asked Zi Tong if she would help me turn on the faucet. She and I tried about a million times, till we both just gave up. Suddenly the faucet out of nowhere fell off! "Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Zi Tong and I screeched!


The water just suddenly shot out of the faucet and it wouldn’t stop! We tried shutting down everything, but it just kept on shooting out tons and tons of water. We were wasting so much water! It was just unbelievable. We were also in such a small town that had a limited amount of water, which is even worse. So I came up with a plan and instructed Zi Tong what to do... "Zi Tong you stay here and help me cover the faucet with a towel. I will get someone from cabin three (the cabin next to us) to help me get our teacher; or any teacher! So I ran out of the room as fast as I could, and I banged on the door like there was no tomorrow. When Sonya, my friend, answered the door I told her what happened and asked her if she would come with me. She agreed and we ran towards our teacher's cabin.

My teacher was absolutely shocked when she heard this, she was practically standing there with her mouth wide open. After a while when she was okay, we all went back to my cabin to help Zi Tong. When we came back water was over the whole entire toilet. Mrs. Hill tried and tried to put the faucet back on, but it wouldn't work. She said that she would call maintenance and they would be here in about 10 minutes.

Time was ticking and the maintenance wasn't here. It had been about 15 minutes, and Zi Tong, Sonya and I were getting very worried. Then we heard knocking on our door. We were so relieved, we thought that it was the maintenance. It was actually my other friend, Hee Ju, from cabin three, who wanted to know what was happening, because she heard screaming, and she saw our teacher come. We told her the story, and she joined in trying to help us fix the faucet, and worrying about where the maintenance was.

Finally, after like 30 minutes, the maintenance came. He was a nice man, who was very clever. He had his big tool box, with everything that he needed. He started to work, after thinking how to fix it. I wasn’t really sure how he fixed it, but it was pretty clever. We thanked the man when he was done and told him how much we appreciated it. Hee Ju and Sonya left, after like 2 minutes, and Zi Tong and I were left alone. Then the door opens and Meena, a girl that is in our cabin, comes in. She asks me why I haven't gone for a shower yet. I stare at here blankly, not having enough energy left.

Overall this momment is now funny when you think about it, but it wasn't at the time. I guess it was a lesson learnt for Zi Tong, Hee Ju, Sonya, and I. Hopefully this won't happen again. I f it does happen again then we will know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment