 |
|
1. I will always consider America my first home, but for now my second home is Singapore. After moving out of America, my family and I moved to Taipei, then Hong Kong, and then Singapore. Though we moved around a lot, I would still call America my home and the place I love most to go back to because my sister were born there, I've grown up there, and lastly, most of my family is located there. When talking about my family and relatives around the world, most of my younger cousins, aunts, and uncles are settled in the U.S., while my grandparents currently live in India. Overall, I think that home is really where your family and loved ones are. Home is a place where you are free to be you, always feel loved and supported, and can be yourself no matter what. Without the comfort of your parents, siblings, and other family members there, your home wouldn't be the same. And so, since I don't have that much of a strong connection or relatives here in Singapore, it's not my first home, America is.
 |
|
2. My heroes are probably my mom and dad. My mom, like my dad, went from being poor to becoming this amazingly successful woman. Though her road to greatness wasn't always the smoothest, she still managed to become the captain of Goa's national table tennis team, earn a full scholarship to college, raise two twins with the help of my dad, work with multiple banks, start her own business, do a Ted talk, and now work for Johnson and Johnson. Her story truly inspires me and pushes me to do better everyday. My mom worked restlessly throughout her whole life to get to where she is today, and in that time she never lost slight of who she is, what she believes in, and always strived to do her best, no matter the hardships. Which is why I aspire to be like her and achieve the many things that she has in her lifetime that still holds so much more.

3. I am petrified by stray animals. Basically, stray dogs and cats make me want to cry. I believe that my fear of these stray animals started in India. When he was younger, my uncle was unfortunately bitten my a dog with rabies which forever negatively changed his life by making him disabled. Though he has remained the bubbly, happy, and positive man that I love, I still think that this event weighs him and his life down sometimes. He isn't able to achieve what we could've and he won't get 100% of what kind of a life he wanted. Ever since this incident, I've always been horrified by stray dogs and cats, and I hope that no one will ever have to experience what my uncle did. I'm most scared by the fact that these stray animals could have rabies, a detrimental disease, or even pounce on you and hurt you forever. I don't think that I'll get over this fear anytime soon, but I'm try and now I think that I'm improving slightly every time.
 |
|
4. When somebody asks me what my passion is, I'm never really sure what to answer. Sometimes I believe that answering with something like singing or dancing would be really cliche, but honestly, I've been dancing since I was three years old and till this day, I've developed a real passion for it and traveling. Traveling is extremely fun for me because I get to experience different cultures, people, and places, which really fascinates me. And though, I've been dancing forever, I think that my love for dancing has really only started to developed and during my time at SAS. For example, before Singapore, I was an extremely shy little girl and didn't have the confidence to perform in front of others and share my ideas. However, with the help of my classmates, peers, and teachers like Mrs. Rodocker in middle school, I've grown to be comfortable in dancing in front of others and I am confident of what I can do. Like sports, playing an instrument, or drawing, there is always space to improve and as I'm still learning and growing every day, I'm thankful for what dancing has done for me and without it inspiring and engaging me daily, I wouldn't be able to express myself as I do now.

5. One of my all time favorite foods is chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. This ice cream is basically made up of a base of vanilla ice cream and then sprinkled on with chocolate chips and big chunks of sugary cookie dough. Since I've never really loved chocolate as a child and I was never open to the idea of eating chocolate, I only very recently started to eat this delicious ice cream. But now that I've tasted the sweet vanilla ice cream and cookie dough, I don't think that I'll ever be able to not eat it again. I mean, sure I have to dig out the chocolate chips before I eat the ice cream, but it's a small price I'll happily pay because of the great things that come with and from chocolate chip cookie dough. The time I most appreciate the particular ice cream is when I'm sitting at home in America around the TV, with my cousins and eating bowls of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream as we watch movies during the summer time. Whenever I eat this particular ice cream, it reminds me of my fun times in America with my family and makes me happy. It also urges me to try new things and step outside my comfort zone. When I think about it, I figure, if I can handle chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and just have to take out the chocolate bits, then I think that I can try other foods with a little bit of chocolate too.


6. A couple main logos that I use or are the most familiar with ar Nike, Apple, and Singapore American School (SAS), and Apple. Nike is a store that I use to get my dance clothes from, and as you read above, dancing is one of my passions so I'm extremely grateful for these shops. Adding onto that, these two companies remind me of my time in the U.S. as I shopped with my cousin and bonded over sports stuff, creating life lasting experiences. Secondly, SAS is a logo that resonates with me and is one that I respect because of how much I've grown as a person here. Sure, in the U.S. I have lots of family and great times to cherish forever, but in SAS I've made life long relationships and have grown so more much as a person. So whenever, I see the SAS logo, I will always remember what SAS has done for me and the great times I've had in this school. Lastly, Apple is a logo I see everyday, whether it be on my laptop, iphone, or even other apple products around the house, I'm very used to it. Apple is also a logo that I really like because I like the story of Apple as a company and the people behind it that fully transformed that world into what it is today.
7. I think that the picture at the very bottom defines me best as a person as it is a picture of my family, and to me as a person family is everything. Family is home and family is who and what will always be with you no matter what. Though this photo has an endless amount of meanings related to it, ranging from birthdays, to family get togethers, to even times that we play wiffle ball on the street or jump on the trampoline, I don't think that I would be able to make an object or pot that could truly sum up this photos. If I wanted to make an object that symbolizes my character I think that I would want to go with something that represents one of my passions... traveling. As briefly stated above, traveling is something that I love to do and especially when it's with my family and friends, it makes the trip a whole lot more special. Since I was recently in Turkey and during this break learnt a lot about its ancient pottery techniques and pieces, I would love to create a traditional turkish pot. This will sum up me in ways relating to family, travel, and creating new experiences and trying new things as I said I would after eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment