Pages

Thursday, 9 April 2015

History Alive! Project

My task is to bring a topic from an era that I have studied this past semester to life in a deep, relevant, informative, and engaging way.
I need to consider the use of images, words, recordings, text, and music, to tell the story of my topic. My organized final product will reflect my strong research, connect to modern day life in a relevant way, and include a comparison of perspectives. In short, I will craft a superb story.


Project Details

  1. What is the topic and thesis for your project?

  1. How did you learn or become interested in your topic?

  1. How did you research your topic?

  1. Why did you select this category? Exhibit? Performance? Documentary?

  1. How does your topic fit our unit theme (Civil War to Civil Rights: Protest & Perseverance)



1. Topic: Susan B. Anthony
Thesis: Not only did Susan B. Anthony fight against all gender related stereotypes to have her voice heard in the United States, but also implemented her ideas into actions.

2. I had to click on a couple of topics to learn my final topic of Susan B. Anthony. I first went to women’s rights, then the women’s rights movement, and then the woman suffrage movement. Once I started learning about the woman suffrage movement I found out that Susan B. Anthony was a very influential person that helped fight for all women’s right to vote. And though Susan B. Anthony didn’t get what she was fighting for during the period of her lifetime, she was successful in ensuring women’s rights to vote in a couple of years due to the 19th amendment.

3. Using the databases given on the bookmark Riley got from Mr. Starker. The three main websites I used from the HS online databases, was GALE’S Menu Page, SIRS, and Discovery Education. The website that I found most helpful was GALE’S Menu Page. This site gave me so much information on Susan B. Anthony and to make things even better, I knew that I could trust these sources because they were from a reliable database found my Mr. Starker. I also really liked SIRS as it told me which sites were primary sources, which were secondary sources and gave me a better idea of the different sources available to me. Discovery Education gave me really amazing photos of Susan B. Anthony as primary sources.

4. I'm going to do an exhibit that covers the topic of Susan B. Anthony and only put in information that supports my thesis, which is: Not only did Susan B. Anthony fight against all gender related stereotypes to have her voice heard in the United States, but also implemented her ideas into actions. Along with my exhibit I want to give a my audience something to be interested in while I'm presenting my exhibit. I wanted to while presenting my information and educating my audience to interact with them. I will try to imitate the life of Susan B. Anthony and what she went through to be this amazing spokes person for mainly the women's suffrage movement.

5. Susan B. Anthony, throughout her lifetime, fought for civil rights and what she believed in. Whether it was fighting against slavery, fighting to reduce the consumption and sell of alcohol in the U.S., or even fighting to give all women the right to be politically active and able to vote. No one gave her what she wanted on a silver platter, she had to protest against the set rules and regulations, protest against the stereotypes, and persevere through the tough times.
Logistics of the Project:

  1. Where will notes/work be stored?

  1. How will resources used be tracked and separated into primary and secondary sources?

  1. How will time in class and outside of class be best utilized?

  1. If you’re working with a partner, which parts of the project are assigned to which person- How is the work being split?



1. The notes will be stored on the document titled “History Alive Research".

2. On a separate document titled “Bibliography” I will store all my sources. The sources will be divided into primary sources or secondary sources and within that, photos or websites. This information will also be posted on the same History Alive Research document mentioned above.

3. I will write all of my script work and find all my pictures during class time and put together my exhibit at home. I will also write my 500 word story or information pieces during my class time.

4. I’m not working with a partner.
*** All of my documents, important work, and information will be stored on a document title “History Alive! Master Doc”. This document is placed in my shared folder under a folder called “History Alive! Project”.


No comments:

Post a Comment