Pages

Monday, 6 October 2014

PE Goals- Strength

                   DECIDE :   My FITNESS Plan

D
Define the
Problem
Select the FITNESS COMPONENT or SKILL COMPONENT you’d most like to improve


Explain why you chose this component.
STRENGTH: I chose this because I feel as my strength isn’t as good as I would like it to be. Push-ups are a little hard for me to do, so if I was able to build up on muscles I feel like this would be easier. But my core is quite strong as I have a 3 minute plank time.


Create or link a video (iPad, iPhone, or other device) that illustrates your chosen component.

E
Explore the
Alternatives
List 3 other Fitness/Skill Components that you could also improve and explain how they will benefit your overall fitness:

1. Power: So that you can sprint faster and have better running times.

2. Flexibility: So you can stretch your body before doing intense activities so that you don’t pull or strain any muscles.

3. Endurance: So that you can run for a longer period of time without having to stop or walk. So that you can play games or activities for a longer time without having to take a break and not be able perform at your best abilities.

C
Consider the
Consequences


Identify 2 positive and 2 negative possible outcomes as a result of my choice: (Ask yourself … how risky is each alternative? What are the chances of success? How would it affect my short term fitness? How would it affect my fitness long term?)

Positive

1. You will be able to do more push-ups and bench presses, since you have more muscular strength.
    
2.  You will have the strength and power to hit further shots in sports, kick further, etc.

Negative
    
1. You might be too confident about your power and abilities that you don’t practice and exercise and then you perform badly during assessment.
   
2. It’s hard maintain your muscles if you don’t have enough time to practice everyday or frquently.


I
Identify Values
This decision is important to me because.......... (Why do you value fitness?)

I value physical fitness because without it you would live an unhealthy life and you will live in a shorter lifespan than people who do exercise. Also will power you will have the strength to do a lot of different activities to the best of your ability. Instead of doing something else weakly and not really gaining any exercise.


D
Decide and Act

Create an action plan for improvement.  Outline a plan for a week of fitness activity that will improve your chosen component.  Create video links of your chosen activities to help illustrate your plan.

I plan to practice doing at least 15 pushups week day. This way I will build muscular strength without having to lift weights above my head, stopping my growth. So in a total 75 pushups a day.


Weekday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Pushups
15
15
15
15
15
Total




75



E Evaluate the results
My goal was to improve a specific fitness component.  I will know that my decision and action plan has been effective when.........





No comments:

Post a Comment