Pages

Thursday, 11 September 2014

Drama Blog 2


1. Voice Projection (vocal variety)
I feel that based on the video shown above and what I could hear when I was performing on stage, that my group's vocal variety was very good. We made sure to articulate and made sure that the audience could hear every line. Whether it was the baby making noise, we still made sure that Kendall and I could be heard, by either talking over Kestrel or having her soften her voice when we had to talk. We also waited for the audience to stop laughing before we could move onto the next line, so that they wouldn't miss anything.

2. Blocking (use of stage)
I think that my group used the stage up to it's full potential and weren't stuck in one corner the whole time. In the beginning we used the whole of upstage when I was going through immigration and onto the flight. We used center center stage when we were in the plane, so that everyone could see and hear us properly. We used back stage when Melissa was walking up and down the aisles as the air hostess giving people their drinks. Which adds up to us basically using the whole stage overall in our performance.

3. Use of stimulus (did the scene accurately reflect the starting point)
I feel like our skit represented the photo that we chose well, as you clearly knew that we were on a plane by the details that we had. We had the seats set up in aisles, we buckled our seat belts before the flight took off, Melissa was a flight attendant pushing the cart for food and drinks, and we also had the pilot on the speaker phone telling us when we would be taking off and when we would be landing. I feel like all of these details plus the part when I was in immigration and gave my passport to the officer and my ticket to the hostess, really made the scene's setting more clear.

4. Effectiveness of breaking the fourth wall
I feel as Melissa did a great job breaking the fourth wall when she walked off stage giving people in the audience drinks and asking them what they would like to have. I feel that when she did this she connected with the audience well and her part also wasn't to short or too long. But I feel that in the ending when I stood up on my chair and asked, "could this day get any worse", the audience might've gotten confused on if I was breaking the fourth wall, but really it wasn't supposed to be. But I felt like ending the skit with a question that the audience might've taken personally and into thought, might have not been the worst ending. I say this because it would've gotten them thinking and also I would end the scene strong with a connection with the audience. But we could've still worked on the ending. So maybe after saying my line I could like fall off the chair as the plane hit, or something like that to have a more clear ending.

5. How did you personally add to your group's performance
I feel like overall my group worked equally with coming up with ideas and how the skit would work out. I found the photo, and then Kestrel and I voted for the picture instead of the alligator one which Kendall liked. I also had the idea of like the horrible plan experience; so the crying baby, creep next to you who won't stop talking to you and gets to close to you, and the big guy who takes up all the space on your seat. Unfortunately we didn't have enough people to add in the big guy but we did have the rest. I also came up with the turbulence part where we started shaking our chairs and got really scared once Melissa announced that we would be crashing into another plane. I also came up with the background of my character, so she was visiting her grandmother because she had cancer and was dying. I explained this when my character was going through immigration, which Kestrel and I had the idea of to make the scene more interesting and exploit it to its' full potential by adding details.  

No comments:

Post a Comment