In math class we are learning about shapes. To increase our learning about shapes in a fun way we got to watch a movie called Flatland. Flatland was about shapes and different dimensions. All the characters were shapes. For example there was:
1. The Sphere Priests.
2. Hex the Hexagon.
3. Arthur the square, (Hex's grandpa and Arlene's husband).
4. Arlene square, (Hex's grandma and Arthur's wife).
5. The line king.
etc....
In this movie the more sides you are makes you more powerful. For example, the spheres have an infinite amount of sides so they are very powerful. On the other hand, triangles only have three sides so they aren't powerful at all. So far all the shapes in Flatland only know about the 2nd dimension. If a sphere priest hears about someone talking about the 3rd dimension that shape will be in BIG trouble.
My favorite character is Hex the Hexagon. Hex is a cute little girl, who lost her parents. She lives with her grandparents. She knows nothing of how her parents died, but she really wants to know. Hex has a theory that there is a 3rd dimension. She knows that she is not aloowed to think this way, but she can't help herself. I really liked Hex because she is so curious, cute, and smart. She really knows how to think outside of the box! I also really liked Hex's red bow on her head.
Overall I liked the movie Flatland and I hope we get to finish it in class. I want to see if the shapes of Flatland will discover the 3rd dimension. I also want to see if Hex will find out what happened to her parents.
1. The Sphere Priests.
2. Hex the Hexagon.
3. Arthur the square, (Hex's grandpa and Arlene's husband).
4. Arlene square, (Hex's grandma and Arthur's wife).
5. The line king.
etc....
In this movie the more sides you are makes you more powerful. For example, the spheres have an infinite amount of sides so they are very powerful. On the other hand, triangles only have three sides so they aren't powerful at all. So far all the shapes in Flatland only know about the 2nd dimension. If a sphere priest hears about someone talking about the 3rd dimension that shape will be in BIG trouble.
My favorite character is Hex the Hexagon. Hex is a cute little girl, who lost her parents. She lives with her grandparents. She knows nothing of how her parents died, but she really wants to know. Hex has a theory that there is a 3rd dimension. She knows that she is not aloowed to think this way, but she can't help herself. I really liked Hex because she is so curious, cute, and smart. She really knows how to think outside of the box! I also really liked Hex's red bow on her head.
![]() |
| The purplish/pink square is Alene. The hexagon in the middle is Hex. The blue square is Arthur. |
Overall I liked the movie Flatland and I hope we get to finish it in class. I want to see if the shapes of Flatland will discover the 3rd dimension. I also want to see if Hex will find out what happened to her parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment